Monday, November 13, 2006

HAIL THE MACHINES - the co-excistence with machines / Matter of trust


I have been editing a film for mount or so by using an external hard drive as a storage space. Even thou, I am aware that I should have made safe copies of the material and etc.. but I was trying my luck and trust the technology.. untill.....


Mr.Murphy appeared... result that I have lost all the work, which has been done so far (the film was ready, only waiting some graphics to be added) alongside thousand of picture files...

Luckily enough I have a collection of the best pictures in safe location and the orginal raw film material on tapes....
What we can learn from this, do not trust technology, make always 2 back up copies of your precious files... and don't push your luck endlessly...
- if I am not able to recover the material, I just have to start again from the square one... But anyway, THAT'S LIFE...

Report End....

1 Comments:

At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Thousand Oaks Water Features said...

This is awwesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home