Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tröllafoss - Sunny Sunday Walk 29th of Oct

Sunny sunday 29th of October I paid visit to Tröllafoss (Troll waterfall) on Leirvogsá river with Halli Kalli Da artist.
It is amazing that such of beatifull place(s) could be found so close of the city, only 20 minutes drive. It has been a long time since last visit to the nature and I got the urge to take photographs, naturally!
Apparently, I haven't been taking any pictures for long time and I have been wondering why is it so, have I lost the interest, and the answare is that I just haven't been in new interesting places recently...

First we drove as long as possible in a road which is only reqocmended to drive with a good 4x4 cars, but Halli's super Lada did really good job and we managed to get pretty close of the river canyon.
(all pictures are taken by digital camera - proper film pictures will be placed on blog after I have developed the films)



Tröllafoss is located by the Mountain Esja, which dominates the landscape if you are looking north - northeast from Reykjavik.


Enjoying the sounds of the nature and the waterfall. - Halli mentioned that the sounds from waterfall covers all the frequenses that human ear can hear or sense.


When walking by the canyon I realised that my hobby to take photographs has brought me back in to connection with nature. - I am country side boy originally but I have been living in big cities for many years and I had lost the connection. Maybe the next step to communicate with the nature is that I don't take cameras with me when going there and just enjoy the landscape and elements without interfearance of trying to get a perfect shot...

By a little stream the little philosopher / poet in me got out:
frozen dreams in movement, capture a moment and be emotionally moved...


a little things are important, enjoy them and the whole thing shanges to something else, sweet and harmonous...


did anyone see the ice prinsess last night, she was here, i feel it.


hmm.. what to write under this picture...


Its getting dark again, the ice prinsess will come back tonight, I hope. I'll wait till dawn, and I will become a frozen flower....

a loooong sleep till the spring start singing and wakes me with its warm lips...

Jepp Jepp!!! ;)

Tröllafoss undir hlíður Esjunnar.


Pillar hils




The day is getting old and the sun is settling...

Hey hey, hay....

I made friends with horses, we shared an apple and we had jolly good laug together! :) -iiihahahaa



The part of Mt.Esja behind the horses is called coffin fjell/mountain, the name comes from its shape.


- that's all by now folks, ciau!!

4 Comments:

At 1:21 pm, Blogger Ansku said...

Hieno paikka... tullaanko käymään?!?!

Toi eka hevoskuva on huippu.

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Aleksur said...

tervetuloa, tuutteko ennen joulua!!!

 
At 1:21 pm, Anonymous Nicole Short said...

Interesting thooughts

 
At 10:59 am, Anonymous Nicole Short said...

This was lovely too read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home